We have COVID-19 safety practices in place to ensure a safe environment for our clients
We are operating under the current guidance regarding social distancing and covid safety and have adjusted the process in a way that keeps our clients and our staff as safe as possible. We think it is important that we share the modifications that we have made, so that you are as well informed as possible prior to your visit.
We are dedicated to being here and providing the best possible care for your pets whilst maintaining as low risk an environment as possible.
From 21st April we will again be able to invite you into the practice with your pet.
Please read the following information in preparation of your visit
- Please telephone the practice on 0118 9574488 to make your pet’s appointment
- You will be required to wear a well-fitting mask whilst in the building.
- If you cannot wear a facemask for any reason, please consider asking a family member or friend to bring your pet to the practice. Alternatively our staff will be happy to speak to you outside the practice and then take your pet inside for their examination.
- Only one person will be permitted to bring your pet into the practice. If you need assistance, please let us know and we will be happy to help.
- Payment at the surgery is preferably by bank card to minimise infection risk, or you can pay online if you prefer via our website.
- If your pet is insured, please ensure you have all the relevant insurance documents with you when you visit. Please Click Here for details of what you may need to bring.
- If you are a new client here and have transferred from a previous vets, please ensure that your pet’s clinical history is emailed to us prior to the day of your appointment
Your Pet’s Appointment
Due to current safety measures and the need for social distancing, we can only allow a limited number of client’s into the building at any one time.
- On arrival, please telephone reception a few minutes before the time specified for your pet’s appointment.
- A receptionist will let you into the building – one person only please.
- Use the hand sanitiser on entering and observe 2 metre distancing. Take a seat.
- The vet or nurse will talk to you in the waiting area, then your pet will be taken through to a consultation room.
- Following the consultation the vet or nurse will bring your pet back out to you.
- Please wait on the marked area by the reception desk for payment and medicine collection.
For Prescription Collections Only (please remain outside)
If you do not have an appointment and wish to collect previously ordered medication or food,
- Please ensure that you order your pet’s repeat medication or food at least 5 days in advance by telephone or via our website, so that we can make sure we have it in stock for you.
- Please call reception to let us know you are here and to make your payment.
- Your pet’s medication/food will be brought outside to you, you do not need to enter the building.
In order to help keep everyone safe, all staff members will be wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when they see you and your pet. This may include a facemask, visor, gloves and gowns.
We look forward to seeing you and your pet again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep you safe in our practice.
Castle Vets Online Payments