We have COVID-19 safety practices in place to ensure a safe environment for our clients
In light of the recent lockdown we wanted to let you know how this affects our planned working practices. Please be reassured that we are still here for you, working in a COVID-safe way.
In order to ensure the safety of our staff and clients, we have taken the decision that no clients will be allowed into the building, except during the sad event of a pet being euthanased or in other exceptional circumstances. In the first instance, we will return to telephone consultations with the veterinary surgeon who will discuss your pet’s problem with you and book your pet an appointment to be seen if this is felt necessary. These consultations will be charged at our normal consultation fee, however, if your pet does need to be examined at the practice you will not be charged another consultation fee for this.
We are well stocked and supplied and we have no reason to expect any issues over the coming months, so there should be no need for you to stock up on extra medication or food for your pet.
If your pet is unwell or you need advice please telephone the practice on 0118 9574488
If the vet has made an appointment for your pet to be seen at the practice
- On arrival, please telephone reception on 0118 9574488
- One of our reception team will either ask you to bring your pet to the front door, or will advise you that that vet will call you on your mobile when he or she is ready to see your pet.
- Your pet will be taken from you for an examination and you will be asked to remain outside (preferably back in your car where you can keep warm!) Please don’t worry about your pet being in the practice without you – they are in safe and loving hands all the time, and although you are not in the same room with your pet you are still very much involved in the veterinary consultation.
- Please ensure that your dog is on secure lead or harness and/or that your cat is in a secure and escape proof carrier when you bring them to the practice.
- We will call you on your mobile phone to discuss your concerns and any treatment your pet will require and also to let you know when he or she is ready to be returned to you. Please ensure that you have your mobile phone with you, that you have given us the correct number and that your mobile phone is charged. If you do not have access to a mobile phone, please advise us of this when you make your appointment.
- To ensure the safety of you and our staff we ask that you pay by card in person or on the phone or via our online payment service.
If you do not have an appointment and wish to collect previously ordered medication or food
- Please ensure that you order your pet’s repeat medication or food at least 48 hours in advance by telephone or via our website, so that we can make sure we have it in stock for you.
- Please call reception to let us know you are here and to make your payment over the phone.
- Your pet’s medication/food will be brought outside to you, you do not need to enter the building.
In order to help keep everyone safe, all staff members will be wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when they see you and your pet. This may include a facemask, visor, gloves and gowns.
We look forward to seeing you and your pet again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep you safe in our practice.
Castle Vets Insurance Claims Click Here
Castle Vets Online Payments