Castle Vets is welcoming clients back in for appointments from 19th August 2020
Since the outbreak of the Pandemic, our staff have been working ceaselessly in hugely challenging circumstances to provide the best care we can to you and your beloved pets. Working in this way has presented many problems and forced us to reduce the amount of pets we are able to see for routine appointments and treatments. We believe that inviting you into the practice for your pet’s appointment will aid communication and help to make your visit easier and more relaxed.
In order to move toward a more “normal” consultation in the current climate, we have adjusted the process in a way that keeps our clients and our staff as safe as possible. We think it is important that we share the modifications that we will be making, so that you are as well informed as possible prior to your visit.
- Please telephone the practice on 0118 9574488 to make your pet’s appointment
- You will be required to wear a mask whilst in the building
- Only one person will be permitted to bring your pet into the practice
- Payment at the surgery is preferably by bank card to minimise infection risk.
- If your pet is insured, please ensure you have all the relevant insurance documents with you. Click Here for details of what you may need to bring.
- If you are a new client here and have transferred from a previous vets, please ensure any history is emailed to us prior to the day of your appointment
Your Pet’s Appointment
- On arrival, please telephone reception a few minutes before the time specified for your pet’s appointment.
- A receptionist will let you into the building – one person only please.
- Use the hand sanitiser on entering and observe 2 metre distancing. Take a seat.
- The vet or nurse will talk to you in the waiting area after which your pet will be taken through to a consultation room.
- Following the consultation the vet or nurse will bring your pet back out to you.
- Please wait on the marked area by the reception desk for payment and medicine collection.
For Prescription Collections Only (please remain outside)
If you do not have an appointment and wish to collect previously ordered medication or food,
- Please ensure that you order your pet’s repeat medication or food at least 48 hours in advance by telephone or via our website, so that we can make sure we have it in stock for you.
- Please call reception to let us know you are here and to make your payment.
- Your pet’s medication/food will be brought outside: you do not need to enter the building.
We look forward to seeing you and your pet again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep you safe in our practice.